INTELLIGENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (IMS)
When and How it started:
- In 1974 The founder Joseph Khalil finished a post graduate studies in
- science of organization. The idea was that the best automation is the one
- that supports a business organization.
- It was and still is software package vs. in house programming.
- IMS is the in house programming with a software package.
How it works:
- The package is a group of modules designed to be assembled as needed to
- build an application. Let's pick a limited illustration:
- Put Payroll,AR,Pricing and Manufacturing modules in a garment factory
- implementation. The number of pieces of a specific machine output is
- communicated over the network to the server.
- It is used by the payroll to pay the operator of the machine.
- It is used to feed the inventory with finished goods.
- It is bar coded out of the door for client delivery and used to bill
- the client by the pricing module. Etc..
- Automatic scheduling, tracking, emails, tasking all parameters driven.
- The data control the process and trigger actions.
- It looks like robotics running the office and the business according
- to management rules fed as parameters to the system.
- Adopted as business Culture this concept evolved FBS software one step closer
- to the artificial intelligence with every new implementation.